Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error code 800B0100

• Please log in to reply

Zanki

Zanki

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
When I try to do a windows update I get the error message 800B100. I have been trying to fix it for a while but I haven't managed to do so. Tonight I found that the install kb015597 did not install properly over two years ago and I was wondering if this could have been the problem even though the computer continued to update until August of last year.

I have searched the Microsoft website and I have not found a manual download for this like I did with SP1.

I would really like this to be fixed as I cannot install SP1, I get the same error code.

I am using Vista Home Premium 32bit.

The computer has been checked for any viruses etc.

Edited by Zanki, 22 April 2009 - 08:06 AM.

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
0x800B0100 TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE No signature was present in the subject

Is this the error code?

Please click on start, and in the search box type CMD and right click on the search result and press Run as Administrator. Enter password if needed.

PRESSING ENTER AFTER EACH COMMAND, please try the following:

net stop cryptsvc
ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 oldcatroot2
net start cryptsvc
regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s
exit

If this does not help, then please start a Windows update support request.

Zanki

Zanki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
The code didn't work. I have tried getting help through windows support before but they aren't any help. The best advice I got last time was they couldn't fix it. I would re-install the operating system but I don't have a backup for it thanks to the laptops DVD re-writer never working (when it went in for repair I asked for a new one but because it can read and copy disks they don't have to replace it).

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
If you cannot try reinstall, then at least try System file checker.

Start> enter in Search box: CMD

Right click on CMD in search result and click Run as Administrator. Enter password and continue.

In Command prompt black window, type
sfc /scannow
and hit enter. Allow this to scan and finish. If the black window disappears, the scan and repair was successfully completed.

Zanki

Zanki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I just got the message "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I still can't check for updates, it gives me the same error message.

This appears to be the error code "WindowsUpdate_800B0100WindowsUpdate_dt000" I just got it trying to update something else, its the first time I've got the whole error message.

Edited by Zanki, 22 April 2009 - 08:05 AM.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Hello again, Zanki!

Let us try a few fixes. These can possibly help.

• Try to do Windows Installer cleanup. It seems the wrong installer is on your system, or the installer is corrupt. We will clean it up.
    To run this, select the programs that you want in the Installed Products list in the Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box. After you make this selection, the utility removes only Windows Installer configuration information that is related to those programs. Remove all Windows Installer information associated with the selected programs.

Then, reinstall the Installer. Link is below.
  • Windows Installer 4.5

(Ref KB 290301)