Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

emergency

• Please log in to reply

r1pz

r1pz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) I am in sum hot water and I need help i was running avg scan then i ran malwarebytes scan i restarted my comp and all of my desk top and task bar was gone ? i am able to go to task manager and open explorer and use the web and when i look to browse all my desk top and other files are there but its almost like they are hidden. I really dont want 2 reformat . I have a acer comp with no cd drive so im not shure how to re format i tryed to sys restore but no dice and i cant get to control panel to make a new user helllllllp plz?

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
try to go in to command prompt via the task manager. go to file>new task and enter CMD in to the box and press OK.

Please enter
SFC /scannow
in the black window and press enter. Allow this to run. it will fix system files and will attempt to recover damaged or deleted files.

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
A completely missing task bar can be caused by a corrupt registry entry.

removed registry editing advice

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
r1pz,

Were you experiencing problems that made you run your antivirus and Malwarebytes? If you think you were infected, you should go to the malware forum - your symptoms could be caused by an infection. Follow the advice I've posted below, but skip the Malwarebytes section since you've already run it. If you have the log from it, please post it in that forum, along with the other requested logs, and explain the symptoms you're having.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.