Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer makes clicking noise from inside when running games

• Please log in to reply

Johnnyboy53

Johnnyboy53

• Pip
  • 1 posts
if i am just on windows browsing and stuff my computer runs regular. When i start up any game, after a couple of minutes i hear a little clicking noise from inside my computer. it starts to get louder and louder and i can feel hot air coming from my computer so im forced to shut it down. If i shake it a bit before i turn it off, the sound gets a little bit quieter, then comes back in a couple of seconds as loud as before.

-It sounds like its coming from the PSU, but i just replaced that psu 2 weeks ago.
-Some say it might be that my hard drives are failing, but why would that noise only be triggered when playing games?

- My dad says its the Graphic card because it only happens when i play games, but i doubt that also. I just upgraded my gpu the same time i upgraded my psu. And i believe that every part in the computer works harder when playing games, not just the graphic card.

I just upgraded my mobo and cpu, and this was happening on my old mobo and cpu.

Its either the psu, gpu or hard drives as my harddrives are probably 3 or so years old. but i have no idea which part it is

My old post

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I installed sensorsview and found some things, heres my updated part

I think i may have found the problem. The noise comes when my graphic card starts being used for games. The temperature goes up to 60 degrees celsius, is that normal? And the clicking begins as the temperatures rise, the noise gets louder and louder until i am forced to turn the computer off.

Posted Image

First spike, i ran the game, closed it when the clicking started, second spike i ran the game again, the clicking got louder and i closed it. noise went away after gpu temps returned to normal

I just bought this graphic card 2 months ago and the problem has not been happening until recently. I am thinking is this due to poor computer airflow? and buying strong fans will help keep the whole computer cooled? or is this a faulty graphic card with something wrong with the cooling system? God this problem is annoooyyying! i cant play any games!

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
I suggest a graphics card replacement. The graphics card you have is not compatible with your type of board. The transistor in the board does not function correctly for your video card.