-I've tried booting to safe mode, no help.
-In BIOS CPU temp is 45C, system temp 35C
- I've emptied the system to just cpu, mobo, ram, OS HD, vid card and cooling system
-- the hard drive boots fine on another system
-- Ran memtest86 overnight for about 6 hours, memory looks ok.
- I tried formatting and reloading XP, cuz that had fixed my random crash problems before, but it was no help here...actually come to think of it thats when the system started crashing EVERY time i tried to boot...previously it often crashed upon boot up and would randomly crash while doing stuff in Windows...
- AMD Athlon 2100
- MSI KT4 Ultra 333FSB
- Kingston 256MB 400MHz DDRAM
- older nVidia vidcard (circa 97 or 98 i think)(don't have anything to swap it with to test that out...)
- Maxtor 40G 5600/ WDig 40G 7200 (i've tried booting the system with both...)
- 350W Power Supply
- WinXP, AMI BIOS
Could flashing to the newest BIOS, or clearing the CMOS do anything here...? I've done about all the home remedy tests that I know of already....what else can i try to do here.....???????