Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can get Bluetooth to work with my Dongle

• Please log in to reply

Old Geezer

Old Geezer

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I bought this Belkin Dongle F8 T 012 to use with my Samsung phone(that is Bluetooth enabled)and my PC running XP. I only want it to transfer pics from my phone to my PC but am unable to do that. The pic is found and the move is
started to My Doc but only about a third of the file is moved and it freezes.No errors,nothing to explain this behavior.Strange thing is it worked one time.

I know this a long shot hoping for help on something like this but just thought I would give it a shot in
the hopes that maybe someone had experienced a problem like this.

Advertisements

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
From your phone, you need to make sure that Bluetooth visibility is enabled for all the photos you want to transfer, and on some phones, you need to remove any file protection that's enabled on them.

You can usually do this from the options menu on your phone.

This might solve your problem

You should also have been prompted for a "pairing" pin number when the connection is first made between pc & phone - did this happen? Did you enter a pin on both devices? (you can use any 4 digit number you want, just make sure it's the same number on both pc & phone)

Old Geezer

Old Geezer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

From your phone, you need to make sure that Bluetooth visibility is enabled for all the photos you want to transfer, and on some phones, you need to remove any file protection that's enabled on them.

You can usually do this from the options menu on your phone.

This might solve your problem

You should also have been prompted for a "pairing" pin number when the connection is first made between pc & phone - did this happen? Did you enter a pin on both devices? (you can use any 4 digit number you want, just make sure it's the same number on both pc & phone)

Thanks for your reply but I have given up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software a half dozen times. Pairing was no problem,I enabled discovery on my phone and as I said the dam software worked one time but never again.
Don't make any sense to me. I just ordered another Dongle maybe it will work for me.