Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp System restore issues

• Please log in to reply

TheEggMan

TheEggMan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an hp a1637c and am trying to restore the factory operating system. There is a restore partition from hp, but i am unable to use it even though all of the files are there and intact. I contacted hp and the guy from hp told me that since i installed windows xp x64 professional that somehow rendered the recovery partition useless (that should make absolutely no difference), and he was more than happy to try and sell me some recovery cd's (ah it makes since now). I have access to all of the files but i dont know what to do with them. Does any one know anything I can do?

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
http://h10025.www1.h...ocname=bph07145
This should work. Did you format the recovery partition when you installed Windows Pro?

TheEggMan

TheEggMan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no i left everything alone so i could use it if needed. I can not use the method described in your link this is a non hp version of windows, i am trying to reinstall the hp version.

Edited by TheEggMan, 22 April 2009 - 05:17 AM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
I don't know where you can download the HP Recovery Application that will use the recovery partition. You might have to just order the Cds from HP.