Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computers Dieing.

• Please log in to reply

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Well I've been working on old computers lately.
One was a old shuttle ak32a motherboard still in the orginal packaging never been used.
And the Other was a Nvidea Infinity.

well I tryed a power supply that was 400 watz plugged it in on the first mobo (shuttle AK32A)
And it fryed the VGA port, wouldn't work no more. D=

I didn't know this at the time and plugged it into the Nvidea Board to give it more of a boost and it did the same thing.

Well today I tryed getting my old tower up and running for a LAN party and I kept getting BSOD saying that parts werent installed right.
So I did the most drastic of measure's.
The Scrubbing Bubbles power clean.

It worked!
Got it all nice and shinny again.
But now im having problems with it again.
Got it all hooked back up in the tower, turn it on the fan spins a little then stops.
Me thinking ZOMG NOOOOO not another PSU I try a different one.
Same thing.

now the thing won't turn on anymore
I know its not the hard drives, or the PSU.
Did this board like the other two kick the bucket as well?

Insight?

~I'm thinking about going to techincal school for computers now cause of stuff like this =x~

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
More likely the first PSU you plugged into it has killed both machines. If the first PSU you plug in kills a machine, the worst possible thing you can do is try it on another machine. That's kind of like trying to drive up and over the telephone pole after you've knocked it over.