Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ie where are you?

• Please log in to reply

jarrett

jarrett

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My Daughters computer will not let her open the IE she clicks on the eon her desk top and the little hourglass starts up but then it goes back to the pointer and the browser does not open. I know she is connected to the internet as her AOL messeging is working... ;) Also ordinary desk top items, like networking, my documents.. are doing the same thing, start to load but go the pointer and nothing??? Any suggestions on what may be the prob? :tazz: ;) :)

thanks

Edited by jarrett, 09 May 2005 - 08:07 PM.

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Try opening IE from MyComputer. Locate it there. If it works from there then switch out the icons....

MR0624

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
IF not, run the ad-aware and spybot, you may have some nasty spyware blocking your request.

jarrett

jarrett

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
any other suggestions, these did not help...

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hello jarrett,
Before we go on, could you please download HiJackThis, run a scan and then post the logs on the Malware Forum. Some one will respond to your message informing you on what needs to be removed.
Once you have done that (and recieved a reply), post back letting me know if you still have a problem -- if you do, then we'll continue.