Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook from two machines

• Please log in to reply

rainmaker

rainmaker

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi folks,

I want to use the same Outlook Calendar on my laptop and desktop at home (both running Vista). I do not use Outlook for email, just the Calendar and Contacts. I think I could have them both use the same .pst file, located on a shared drive on one machine or the other, but only one could have it open at a time. Would that work or is there some thought there might be errors? I also see several 'syncing' utilities out there but I wonder if any of them are any good (especially the free ones as i'm kinda cheap). And which method is the best.

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

~RainMaker

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is plausible, having the PST file on an external drive but of course only one PC can use it at a time.