Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Secunia Software Inspector and Adobe Flash Player Problem

• Please log in to reply

911pchelp

911pchelp

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
I was trying to determine why my internet download speed was slow (turns out its the Avast Web Shield) and ran the Secunia Software Inspector. It found that my ADOBE Flash Player was (supposedly) back level (Version 7.x) and their 'download' link pointed me to the newest version. I downloaded and installed - it said install was successful. Ran Secunia again and got the exact same thing. Tried 4 times uninstalling/downloading from various sites/reinstalling ... always the same result from Secunia.

Any suggestion ?

Advertisements

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Hi 911pchelp,

I can't offer any help, but I am having a similar issue with Secunia (hence the bumping).

It tells me my Firefox is insecure and requires updating. Yet I have the latest version (3.5.4). In fact, I updated it just recently.
It had two entries for Pidgin (2.6.2). I clicked the direct link in one entry to update it to 2.6.3, which was successful. But the second entry remained. So I used the quick link in that entry to repeat the update to 2.6.3, but afterward the entry was still there.

Is this a bug in Secunia PSI? Maybe I should report it to them (possibly adding my voice to many other voices).

Anybody knows anything about that?

SOADA

Edited by S.O.A.D.A., 29 October 2009 - 06:58 PM.