Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to take my anger out

• Please log in to reply

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
My parents are splitting up, and I've been fine, but lately I've been really short tempered with everybody. I need someway to just take my anger out, just one huge vent. Any help?

Advertisements

Mad Dog Vee

Mad Dog Vee

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Tried a competitive sport that you are reasonable at?

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Do you have a local wrestling organization near you?

Go for training and become a pro wrestler!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i used to go in the woods behind my friend's house and either dig a hole or cut down trees...

it's much better to do something constructive with your time to occupy yourself than to actually "vent" your anger....you need to find someone (teacher, friend, relative) that you can discuss your feelings with so that you have an outlet for the emotions that are causing your anger.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

i used to go in the woods behind my friend's house and either dig a hole or cut down trees...

I wish I could do that at a friend's house. Their parents would :) at me if I did that.

:)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah...it was handy...but it wasn't like it was their yard....it was in the woods owned by the sugar cane farmers...they didn't use it...and rarely shot at us for being on their land....

they also used to have a bunch of abandoned cars out in the woods back there (like 15 or 16 cars from the 30's) that were all rusted out....we used to make our own IEDs and blow the cars to ribbons.....VERY good stress relief (though i don't suggest it)

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

...and rarely shot at us for being on their land....

Wait! They shot at you? As in guns?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
just shotguns from long range....which is why we tended to ignore them

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Oh yeah. Loads of missed shots. :)

AndromedA xx

AndromedA xx

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Find something in your neighborhood to destroy. It can be anything. Or just go to a firing range, that always seem to calm me down

Advertisements

Kev1n

Kev1n

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
God of War normally does it for me.

If that doesn't work, normally lots of sleep.

For me smashing stuff is fun but it's not a long term redemption remedy. In a sense I mean once it's done, you want more.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Blow stuff up in Grand Theft Auto... :)

Mad Dog Vee

Mad Dog Vee

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Do you own a Wii?

Perhaps a game on that. Basically anything you can do to exert yourself.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
I often get my anger out in the gym. Some people like cardio to get their anger out, personally I LOVE lifting weights for getting that stress and anger out. I mean I just kick my own butt in the gym pushing myself as hard as I can and channeling ALL of that stress and anger into the weights. It really takes some time to get it down pat, but once you can, it really becomes a VERY theraputic stress relief. You just go in and channel that anger.

Lastly, one that isn't being discussed have you considered seeing a therapist? Here's why I say this, while this ONE BIG VENT will help for a few days to a week, the situation isn't changing, ergo you will become this stressed again. It isn't fair to yourself or the ones around you. I have gone to a therapist for about 4-5 years now and she has helped me out amazingly. With her help I am now off of antidepressents (I still take medicine for my ADHD :) ) and I now only go once every 3 mo or so just as a checkup, she doesn't think that I need it anymore but I feel more comfortable with her there. She actually is the one who suggested the above of workign out as a way to get rid of the stress and anger (which I would let get to the point of being almost just a blind rage) that was contributing to my depression.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Good points, pedro!