Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp network connection

• Please log in to reply

juxalilobit

juxalilobit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok i think i had a virus on my dell comp. so i installed the windows xp home edition which deleted everything off my computer. which was what i wanted but, now i cant connect to the internet, i called att and dell for help but they said they were going to charge me up to $300 dollars. im not trying to pay that much so good thing i found this site. anyhow att said my problem was that i dont have a network connection which is located in the control panel. when i double click on the network connection icon there is nothing in the folder. what am i to do? please help me!

Edited by juxalilobit, 22 April 2009 - 05:33 PM.

Advertisements

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
You need to install your NIC (Network Interface Card) driver.
Go to the your product manufacture web site to download the NIC (Network Interface Card).
More help : http://support.dell....oads/index.aspx