Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start-Up Error and Networking Error (Windows XP)

• Please log in to reply

davi921

davi921

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi, recently my anti-virus automatically scanned a virus and deleted it. 5 minutes after my computer deleted that virus, my computer froze. So I had to restart it.

When I got to the desktop after the restart, an error message popped up saying:

"C:\windows\system32\warihagi.dll
This specific module can not be found."

My computer then freezes for about a minute or two trying to load up.

Now that leads to my internet not working. I'm connected directly, but I am not receiving any signal. When I go to repair it, I get "Failed to Query TCP/IP settings of the connection." It is like the computer does not recognize the driver anymore.

I ran my anti virus numerous times and found nothing. I've reinstalled windows xp and still experiencing the same problem. I have no idea what to do. Any help?

Note* When I got to the task bar and look at the processes, there is a process called "IEXPLORE.EXE" that keeps replicating itself every 5 minutes or so. Also there are 3x explorer.exe. I was accustomed to seeing 1 prior to this problem. So I thought it was worth noting.

Edited by davi921, 22 April 2009 - 06:56 PM.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

"IEXPLORE.EXE" that keeps replicating itself every 5 minutes or so

This is an indication of malware.
Follow the steps in this guide: http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html
If IExplore keeps replicating itself after following all the advice in that guide, then post the logs asked for in the Malware forum.

davi921

davi921

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks for the reply.

I did visit the link and downloaded some of the programs. I tried Vundofix on my comp and for some reason, it works on my other computer (Clean), but not for my infected one. Very strange.

I also tried downloading SpyBot Search and Destroy and I get installed, but I can not open the program itself. However, I download Spy Doctor, but it requires a License Key to delete the infection.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Your computer is seriously infected. Don't play with any programs, you don't know (like SpyDoctor - rogue program).
Start new topic at Malware forum, and explain your problems.

davi921

davi921

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Ok thanks Broni.