Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible rootkit twex.exe [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ozegirl

ozegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
Done ATF and below is MBAM - thought I'd post that as you said the Kaspersky might take a while.

I can't believe that infection was on there! This is the same one I removed only a few months ago - and I know it went because it took several attempts using the unhide feature and force delete with Icesword to get it - and have runs lots of MBAM's since. He must have just picked it up again - no doubt from the same source :)

Will get Kasperesky to you ASAP.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 2039
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

25/04/2009 8:59:16 PM
mbam-log-2009-04-25 (20-59-16).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 79475
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 11 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\gaopdxserv.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
do this after kaspersky, best get an ARK scan in

Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.

Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.

**Caution**
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any
"<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised by a trained Security Analyst

If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
  • Click NO
  • In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is Unchecked.
  • Now click the Scan button.
    Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
  • Click OK.
  • GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt"
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
Post the contents of GMER.txt in your next reply.

ozegirl

ozegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
Never mind the Kaspersky scan - just the download of the updates took over an hour and a half to 2 hours! I'm running the scan now but it's just about beddy-bize time here so it will probably have to run overnight and do the gmer one in the morning.

Just as a heads up, when we last had this thing, it infected the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

it drops things into that key which are then referenced by a file such as autorun.inf so that it runs every time -

every time I deleted the infected mountpoint values they kept coming back - until I found a couple of threads on the topic which alerted me to the fact that they were replaced each time by the autorun.inf file.

Do you think that's what's going on here because I had a look at the key and I think it might be infected again.

We'd also have to find out where it is loading the mountpoint entries from this time.

Last time it was flagged by having "autorun" added to the context menu for all drives, but that doesn't appear to be the case this time.

EDIT:

I managed to get the mountpoints2 key into notepad but I can't upload it at the moment because Kaspersky said to disconnect other AV whilst running so with that in mind I disconnected from the internet.

Kaspersky is supposed to pick up these types of infections from what I've seen - as long as they have the latest variations covered, I guess it should do the trick. Scan is still going and has already picked up 2 infections.

So I'll wait till I get the final Kaspersky result and/or hear from you as to whether you want to see the mountpoints key export.

Edited by ozegirl, 25 April 2009 - 07:12 AM.

ozegirl

ozegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
Right well I have the kaspersky report already:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7.0 REPORT
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
Program database last update: Saturday, April 25, 2009 11:49:10
Records in database: 2077509
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
Scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
L:\

Scan statistics:
Files scanned: 70467
Threat name: 3
Infected objects: 3
Suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan: 01:03:49

File name / Threat name / Threats count
C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\vncviewer.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RemoteAdmin.Win32.WinVNC.4 1
C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip Infected: Packed.Win32.Krap.m 1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\asteriskie.exe Infected: not-a-virus:PSWTool.Win32.Asterisk.d 1

The selected area was scanned.

By the way, VNC is on this computer by design

Also, I gather that once the kaspersky program & updates were downloaded it was OK to disconnect from internet? I did that because kaspersky warned me to disable my real-time AV.

Edited by ozegirl, 25 April 2009 - 07:28 AM.

ozegirl

ozegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
So much for bed...
I thought since the Kaspersky scan didn't take all that long I'd do gmer.....big mistake!

If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.

* Click NO
* In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is Unchecked.
* Now click the Scan button.
Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
* Click OK.
* GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt"
* Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.

It didn't say it found possible rootkit activity so I didn't get the option to say NO to a full scan...
I thought I should do a scan anyway....so i did....

Couple of hours later....

GMER 1.0.15.14966 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-04-26 00:55:58
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs VET-REC.SYS (CA Antivirus File Protection Driver/Computer Associates International, Inc.)
AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Fastfat \Fat fltmgr.sys (Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Fastfat \Fat VET-REC.SYS (CA Antivirus File Protection Driver/Computer Associates International, Inc.)

---- Files - GMER 1.0.15 ----

File C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox.dat (size mismatch) 563818528/563814432 bytes

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Note that this was the C drive only (didn't tick E fortunately...maybe check it tomorrow....I mean today it's now past 1am!)

Did get a error message about not being able to connect to L drive or something similar, but it didn't show as an option to tick in the box anyhow.

Looks like we might just about have this licked....

will check in after I've had some shut-eye.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
do you recognise this file ? if not, delete it

C:\WINDOWS\system32\asteriskie.exe

Download Flash_Disinfector.exe from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you run it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Also post a new HJT Log

ozegirl

ozegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
Done that. I *think* I may have put asteriskie there some time a long time ago in the past, I recognised the icon for it, but I only used it the once and it's not a very safe thing to leave on there so I deleted it.

Did the flash disinfect - I was going to ask you if I should do that! The E drive is plugged in more or less permanently - it's just extra storage, not used for transfers. He has a mobile phone but says he's never used it on the computer.

ozegirl

ozegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
Now here's the HJT log.

First I checked his windows updates - no critical ones but under "Custom" I updated root certificates and microsoft net framework 1.1. Also I've upgraded him to IE8. I also uninstalled Patient Runner Server - all I could find out about it was that it was some sort of mental medical health records system, and it runs the whole time the computer is on so I didn't like the look of that. I don't think either of us put that on there! (Did that after the log below though so it still appears in the log).

Oh and I've also since checked the

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file) entry in HJT below as well.

Also did another scan with MBAM and all was clear thank goodness!

I think perhaps it's OK now to wrap up with some clean up of the tools, attend to System Restore etc?

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:10:16 AM, on 26/04/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BTNtService.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Memeo\AutoBackup\MemeoBackgroundService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\MSCamS32.exe
C:\Program Files\PatientRunnerServer\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vVX1000.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Weatherzone Tracker\weather_tracker.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BlueSoleil.exe
C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Backup\uBBMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\BUFFALO\NASNAVI\NasNavi.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
C:\Program Files\Memeo\AutoBackup\MemeoBackup.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.myspace.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VX1000] C:\WINDOWS\vVX1000.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LifeCam] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\LifeExp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NSLauncher] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Software Launcher\NSLauncher.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Memeo AutoBackup] C:\Program Files\Memeo\AutoBackup\MemeoLauncher2.exe --silent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Memeo Backup] C:\Program Files\Memeo\AutoBackup\MemeoLauncher2.exe --silent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather Tracker3] C:\Program Files\Weatherzone Tracker\weather_tracker.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Startup: BUFFALO NAS Navigator.lnk = C:\Program Files\BUFFALO\NASNAVI\NasNavi.exe
O4 - Startup: Shortcut to autodown.lnk = C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Vet Antivirus\autodown.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BlueSoleil.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: TotalMedia Backup Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Backup\uBBMonitor.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zon...er.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} - http://by117fd.bay11...es/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1237502600750
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://messenger.zon...ro.cab56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {BD393C14-72AD-4790-A095-76522973D6B8} (CBreakshotControl Class) - http://messenger.zon...ot.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab56907.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: BlueSoleil Hid Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BTNtService.exe
O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: MemeoBackgroundService - Memeo - C:\Program Files\Memeo\AutoBackup\MemeoBackgroundService.exe
O23 - Service: MySQL - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\PatientRunnerServer\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe

--
End of file - 8585 bytes

Edited by ozegirl, 26 April 2009 - 07:00 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Your logs are clean

Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix and tools used in the removal of malware
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
    Posted Image

• Download OTCleanIt to your desktop and run it
  • Click Yes to beginning the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. Choose Yes.

Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer against malware infections.
  • Keep Windows updated by regularly checking their website at :
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
    This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.

• SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX, it immunizes your PC against them.

• SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts. Make sure you are only running one real-time anti-spyware protection program ( eg : TeaTimer, Windows Defender ) or there will be a conflict.

• Make Internet Explorer more secure
    • Click Start > Run
    • Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
    • Click on the Security tab
    • Click Reset all zones to default level
    • Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
    • In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
    • Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
  • ATF Cleaner - Cleans temporary files from IE and Windows, empties the recycle bin and more. Great tool to help speed up your computer and knock out those nasties that like to reside in the temp folders.

• MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer, meaning it will be difficult to infect yourself in the future.

• Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more
    secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in pop up
    blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from
    Here

If you choose to use Firefox, I highly recommend these add-ons to keep your PC even more secure.
    • NoScript - for blocking ads and other potential website attacks
    • McAfee SiteAdvisor - this tells you whether the sites you are about to visit are safe or not. A must if you do a lot of Googling

• Keep a backup of your important files - Now, more than ever, it's especially important to protect your digital files and memories. This article is full of good information on alternatives for home backup solutions.

• ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed. The standard registry backup options that come with Windows back up most of the registry but not all of it. ERUNT however creates a complete backup set, including the Security hive and user related sections. ERUNT is easy to use and since it creates a full backup, there are no options or choices other than to select the location of the backup files. The backup set includes a small executable that will launch the registry restore if needed.

• FileHippo Update Checker is an extremely helpful program that will tell you which of your programs need to be updated. Its important to keep programs up to date so that malware doesn't exploit any old security flaws.

• Recovery Console - Recent trends appear to indicate that future infections will include attacks to the boot sector of the computer. The installation of the Recovery Console in the computer will be our only defense against this threat. For more information and steps to install the Recovery Console see This Article. Should you need assistance in installing the Recovery Console, please do not hesitate to ask.

• Please read my guide on how to prevent malware and about safe computing here
Thank you for your patience, and performing all of the procedures requested.

ozegirl

ozegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
Thanks very much for your help and prompt responses! :)

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.