Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Recovery Hangs Up-

• Please log in to reply

rcgdel58

rcgdel58

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have executed a system recovery on a Gateway laptop MX6448. All went well until it started to load software application files 1/71. It loaded the first 16 of 71 files (Cyberlink, Office Trial, Java etc
When it hits Wild Tangent GTW0101- Winter 2006 (Windows set-up Installation) it beeps then freezes and stops loading. If I reboot XP loads but I am missing all of the original factory loaded apps and drivers.. Some are garbage but some I need like audio drivers, wireless etc. I am not loading off a disc but from the recovery partition..

Advertisements

TheEggMan

TheEggMan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Your partition could be damaged load xp and go to my computer and run a check disk on your recovery partition.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Drivers can be found online if that is the only thing you are missing.
Go HERE for every driver that was installed by Gateway when it was new. Let me know if this helps

clicksnapwhiz

clicksnapwhiz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just encountered the same problem when performing a system restore on a Gateway desktop.

Pressing ALT+TAB revealed a window with an error message stating that the installation file for Wild Tangent could not be found.

When I closed window, the system restore continued.