Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

batmete.dll

• Please log in to reply

Colby H.

Colby H.

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First post here. I have followed many many guides including ones here and generally am the computer guy for my friends and family. Working on a friends computer right now and this is one of the most difficult pieces of malware I've ever dealt with. It shows up in hjthis as batmete.dll in the directory, c:\windows\system32

Multiple runs of combofix, malware bytes, spybot, aaw, kaspersky trial, hjthis cleanings, and using killbox will not remove this. Reinstalling is not an option at all unfortunately. Malwarebytes is the only one I believe that even detects it. It "removes" it and needs to restart, however after every restart it just comes back. HJT and combofix logs are ready, let me know if you need them. Will keep trying suggestions though. Help!

Specs
Pentium 4 1.8 ghz
256mb ram
Windows XP pro SP3 w/ latest updates

Advertisements

Colby H.

Colby H.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
SOLVED! Used ERD Commander 2005 (you can use any boot disc that'll allow u to edit the reg) and deleted the file and registry keys off manually outside of windows. Booted back into windows, ran full suite of scans and everything is coming back clean.