well i was sitting playing the godfather 2 when it went all weird , i couldnt use alt tab or anything to get off the game but it had frozen, then i get this message saying VPU recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands, so i reset my pc and checked my display settings as my screen is now all blurry, ive tried updating my drivers from ATI but i keep getting this message every time :
i seem to be able to play games as normal and watch videos, touch wood
We're sorry, but this download request cannot be authorized. As an option, you may visit any of the pages below for information about our services and products:
There could be several reasons why you're seeing this page:
* You clicked on a link on a site that is not part of the AMD domain (e.g. not support.amd.com).
* You're using a download manager. Download managers usually offer to search for alternative download locations. While this is nice for the user, it's bad for the webmaster because a download which originated on another site could theoretically still be downloaded from this site, without anybody knowing. Workaround to this restriction: Set up your download manager to send a HTTP referrer, and when you click on a link on the AMD site the download will then be authorized.
* Your browser did not send a referrer. This normally happens if you right click on a link and select save-as, or if you copy and paste a link into a new browser window and press Enter. It may also be that your browser is set up to not send any referrer. Left clicking on a link works just fine and has been tested in IE, FireFox, Netscape , Opera and Mozilla.
* Some software firewalls (such as Norton Personal Firewall or ZoneAlarm) remove the referrer from HTTP requests which will block any downloads on any site that does a referrer check. Hence such options should always be turned off. In Norton go to the Privacy Settings and disable browser privacy (which doesn't really protect your privacy anyway as your IP address will always be logged regardless of that setting), in ZoneAlarm go to Privacy -> Cookie Control -> Custom and uncheck "remove private header information".
* If you use a mozilla based browser (Mozilla, Firefox or Netscape Navigator), referrer sending can also be deactivated (it is activated by default). To change that setting, browse to "about:config", then search for "network.http.sendRefererHeader". If the value is set to 1, referrer sending is enabled, if it is set to 0, it is disabled. To enable it, double click on it, then change the value.
We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Message for webmasters:
if you are attempting to link directly to files on our servers your readers will be seeing this page, please link to the pages on support.amd.com.
i changed the settings it saod to if i was using firefox and still i cant download the drivers and still my screen is blurry, its not blurry as in i cant see it but it looks as if the settings are wrong eg. my desktop area has always been 1280 x 1024 now it looks like its something alot less
im using a radeon hd 2400
any advice ?
Edited by starcraft, 23 April 2009 - 06:45 PM.