Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass.exe

• Please log in to reply

Hoshi

Hoshi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.

I have a Compaq Presario SR1920NX. It's a Windows XP system. I'm currently in the process of backing it up via e-mail to reformat to rid of...whatever it has, but I now get this error upon startup:

"The instruction at "0x00c82434" referenced memory at "0x0007f53c". The memory cannot be "read."

Click OK to terminate the program
Click Cancel to debug the program" for lsass.exe.

I always click cancel, but the system still shuts down. It worked once, however, but explorer.exe suddenly disappeared and I was unable to continue backing up my system.

Anyway to solve the lsass.exe problem without having to reformat would be wonderful.

I don't have an XP disc, unfortunately, but I have burned SP3 onto a CD. I do have a laptop, but like I said, I do not have an XP disc so the two are not on a network together.

Edited by Hoshi, 23 April 2009 - 09:30 PM.

Advertisements