Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Oh, No -- Computer has Largyngitis

• Please log in to reply

Kati.Pea

Kati.Pea

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
:no: My computer cannot speak! I miss my Best of You Tube & Daily Mevio fix ... to say nothing of You Tube, The Next Most Smartest Geek and similar reality shows I watch from the comfort of my desktop viewing room. :)

Backstory: My computer has been ill for awhile. :) I figured it would go away if I ignored it. Admittedly, it was becoming a hassle to put up with all the "issues" that were occuring. I frequently lose the volume icon and go down the uninstall, enable path every couple of weeks. That, plus, my computer freezes when I'm on the internet & recently locked down solid after putting it on "Standby" and returning an hour later. :)

BUT THE PROBLEM TODAY is NO SOUND. Tried all the likely fixes. Checked everything. I've visited Device Manager more than I visit my family. :)

What is a poor non-nerd like me to do? :) I need your hep! :)

P.s. Oh, yeah, I read all the info I could find here on "no sound." Came up with "no nothing." :{
p.p.s. I guess I don't have to tell you I'm a newbie and have no clue where to post this. :)

Edited by Kati.Pea, 24 April 2009 - 02:39 AM.

Advertisements

Kati.Pea

Kati.Pea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Quick Fix. Make sure the speaker is securely plugged into computer. D - U - H !

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
For future note when you post please post everything that you have tried so we do not duplicate work.

Edited by tuxmaster, 24 April 2009 - 07:10 PM.