Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

fixed kemutil.dll

• Please log in to reply

fixitgirl

fixitgirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just fixed a problem that REG CURE software couldnt, even though it's advertised that it would, it didnt and even though they state they fixed your registry problems, when I ran another reg cleaner, the same problems occured, HHMMM? makes me wonder if REG CURE is a scam. I found out that I had to reinstall my logitech software and I lost my disc so I went to thier website and bingo, the download was under support for the mouse that I had purchased. So if youre getting an error such as: Setpoint.exe, the application has failed to start because kemutil.dll was not found. Reinstalling the logitech software will work. Now another problem I have is Microtrend pop ups wont stop and I did the windows clean up and Micro trend wasnt on the list to remove????. So if anybody has a clue on how to stop that annoying pop up every time I restart, please tell me.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
GTG does not advise to use any registry cleaning software as they can cause more harm then good.

Lets see what you have in your startup
Please click on
Start>>Run>>Type in msconfig>>>press enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything and restart.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results

If the above doesn't fix the problem then do the following

Lets see what you have in your Services
Please click on
Start>>Run>>Type in msconfig>>>press enter
Now click on Services
Click on Hide All Microsoft Services
Then uncheck everything and restart.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results