Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer will not update the latest Microsoft updates

• Please log in to reply

hockey

hockey

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello, I have another problem. I get Microsoft advice to update and I select all but Office 3 ( I don't have the disk). But I was able to download all of the updates before. Not now.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Hockey :) :)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this

Download WUFix.exe to your desktop.
Double-Click WUFix.exe to run fix.
You will see a window open and commands processing. When the window closes the fix will have completed.
Restart the computer.
This fix will clear the proxy cache, places Windows Update sites in the Trusted Zone, places Windows Update sites in the exception list of IE Popup Blocker, starts all dependent services, registers required DLLS, empties the Windows Update temporary folder (with backup), renames the catroot2 folder, retains update history and Event log, and deletes BITS pending download queue.

go here to get it ...

Edited by happyrock, 27 April 2009 - 06:33 PM.

hockey

hockey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks a million, the updates for Microsoft were successful.

:)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome...and thanks for letting us know... :)