Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is your career?

• Please log in to reply

rattlenhum

rattlenhum

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I've worked as a chef for the past two years. First in a hospital which I hated (mass production :)) but now part time in a hotel which I'm loving! Currently full-time in college to become an accountant which I'm also loving! May stay in college as a career :)

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
As long as I take my medication they let me empty the trash and some times sweep the floor, even though the docs do not like us to have long sticks so that is not very often.

Shhh, they will hear you (they are every where)

Edited by hfcg, 26 May 2009 - 10:58 AM.

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
I'm a Systems Engineer

And a horrible procrastinator :)

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Cool. Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

As long as I take my medication they let me empty the trash and some times sweep the floor, even though the docs do not like us to have long sticks so that is not very often.

Shhh, they will hear you (they are every where)

Who will hear me? :)

*Troy had better take his medicine...

I'm a Systems Engineer

And a horrible procrastinator :)

I'm a really good procrastinator. :)

I am an IT Tech and easily have the best job in the world... Now I just need the payrate to match it!

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

I am an IT Tech and easily have the best job in the world... Now I just need the payrate to match it!

I would like to have my pay match my job as well.

I own my own business repairing programmable controllers.

normonster

normonster

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I worked for 24 years as an electronic technician for Hewlett-Packard. I worked on cryo-genic based high-vacuum plasma deposition systems and loved it. My degree was based in RF electronics and this fit quite well until they began phasing in digital based systems,(pulsed DC) and I lost interest. I also had a failed radial keratotomy (eye surgery) and my skills were limited further. I retired and began working on becoming a writer. This has been fairly successful but my health has been going down hill and the med's I take to deal with it ruin a lot of my creativity. I keep plugging away at it and sell an occasional article but I'm 58 and my productive days are coming to an end.

I wish I had it to do all over again. I would work building wooden things, my hobby now but the most satisfying thing I've done. (see telescope) Health is affecting that too but I keep trying.

normonster

Attached Thumbnails

• telescope.jpg

Edited by normonster, 13 June 2009 - 03:04 PM.

antone

antone

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I'm a maintenance technician for a community college. I handle all of our off campus sites and do some networking. The best part of the job is the free classes. I have taken quit a few computer repair and networking classes.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Systems Admin for a 300 employee company. Its just me. Soon to be laid off :)

I will be returning to school to complete my MBA in Computer Science and hopefully pick up CCNA and MCSE in the meanwhile.

Edited by diabillic, 25 June 2009 - 10:10 AM.

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
When I lived in Chicago, worked from ’73 to ’82 as the supervisor of customer service of the largest publishing company outside of the Big Apple. Here in the Netherlands (got smarter in the meantime) I’m working for a university of applied sciences as an IT programmer and trouble shooter. Gonna retire in ten years… IF I can keep up with the newest technologies in computer sciences. :)

Advertisements

Texas Chick

Texas Chick

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
for now I am a stay at home mom while my husband is in the US Coast Guard which he has done a number of different things in it (from law enforcement to teaching our military, our police and other countries police use of force). He currently is overseas in the Bering Sea though and not by choice, detailer wanted him to go up in rank but he felt that the $200 a pay check wasnt worth being gone for 3 yrs.
Anyhow thats what we do, for now. In 5 years he is retiring with 20yrs in and we will get to settle down!

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Equity trader.

gold_y

gold_y

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
i have sold stuff(Customer Service),worked in Advtg and as a call Centre executive when i finally realized i need a bachelors degree and am currently pursuing 1 in IT.