Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PLEASE HELP! Compaq Wont Boot. Keyboard doesnt work.

• Please log in to reply

tyob1

tyob1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) I bought a Compaq Presario SR1650NX from a guy at a fleamarket (lol, yeah, I know). It was in excellent shape. He told me it worked fine and everything was great. It has an AMD 64 Athlon 2.8 GHz proc. 2GB RAM, 250 GB Western Digital HD. ASUS A8AE-LE MOBO. Came with a nVIDIA Quadro FX dual DVI monitor card which I removed first thing because I dont have a DVI-VGA adapter for my LCD yet. Well, I hooked it all up and it goes to the first COMPAQ screen that says ESC=Boot Menu, F1=Setup, F10=System Recovery. Thing is, my PS2 keyboard wont work. Even tried a USB keyboard that doesnt work either (yes I'm sure the keyboards are good, use them on my other comps)
Ive taken the CMOS battery out, still nothing. booted with the hard drive disconnected, same thing happens. It just sits at the COMPAQ screen and does nothing. Is my MOBO bad? BIOS chiop bad? any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried to go into the bios and make sure the keyboard is enabled?
What video card do you have in it now?
Are you sure you have the keyboard connected to the correct port on the mb? Should be the bottom purple connector.
Go Here for your mobo specifications.