Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

...all I want to do is play a game?!

• Please log in to reply

Rhonwen

Rhonwen

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey, it's been a looong time... on a foreign computer and lost.

I just finished lookind at DIRECTX diagnostic (directx 9.0c) and have a bad feeling inside. The operating system is Windows 2000 Professional, Compaq Intel Celeron processor....., ~600MHz with 318MB of memory.

Have I said enough already? Yikes.

I think the graphics and audio might not be enough for this game I want to play.

This system has an Intel® 82810E Graphics Controller (4.0 MB) and ESS Allegro 100 WDM. The game requires Windows 2000, CPU 266MHz with 64MB of RAM. Uncertain if I looked at the correct place, but I guess this PC has enough. However, the VIDEO needs 4MB PCI, AGP Direct 3D or OpenGL-compatible Graphics Accelerator? ...and the SOUND must be atleast a 16-bit card.

It says internal not card. The word Pentium cannot be found...... :)
At the moment I have only to work with what's in front of me.

I hope there's some help and GOOD NEWS out there?
Thank you, Rhonwen.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download and install EVEREST
Open it.
In left pane expand Computer folder.
Click once on Summary
In upper menu, go Report>Quick Report-Summary
Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Don't include anything under the line Debug - PCI
Instructions

ZedU54

ZedU54

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
...also, do you know what the minimum system requirements are for the game you're trying to run? You probably need something a lot better than that Intel integrated graphics setup for any game produced in the last five years or so...and the graphics support will be more of an issue than the sound...
...I know this from personal experience. I went to play one of the later Myst games on an HP system that was running Windows ME (AACK!!) and had that Intel graphics chipset...it wouldn't run at all because the game did not support the Intel graphics...nowadays, if you don't have ATI or nVidia graphics, you'll probably have trouble...

Rhonwen

Rhonwen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you both ZED U54 and rshaffer61..... :)

Actually, based on instinct I decided to simply just install the game.... and it worked. I was reluctant because it's not my computer and you never know what might happen.

I am a little embarassed but it's always great to learn.

ZED U54 --- I did not want to download on another person's PC, but it would be great if you could tell me what EVEREST does for future reference.

rshaffer61 --- I can relate to what you wrote. It's definitely a part of my past. .....The requirements were listed in my initial post but I guess it was vague. If I post again I'll be certain to ouline the word MINIMUM and include more detail.

Have a super day. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations for a great resolution to your issue. :)

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible