Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking overvoltage failed error

• Please log in to reply

clarky23

clarky23

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
ok...i have a computer that is sometimes having a problem booting...once in a while the power cord has to be unplugged to get it to power down from the initial press of the power button, then plug back in and it will start. During the boot up, the computer will show a overclocking failed or overvoltage failed error, then wanting to either press F1 to enter setup or F2 to continue bootup... Also, I haven't seen it as of yet, but have been told that the video start "folding" on itself and the computer cannot be shut off without unplugging it.

I am thinking the power supply is going bad, but I can use some expert opinions on this. Operating system is Windows XP SP2. AMI motherboard. thanks in advance.

Advertisements