Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD ROM Problems

• Please log in to reply

msmteach22

msmteach22

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I recently had HP send me a new CD-ROM drive as the one I had was not working. I did not try using cds that were software and not just photos and music right away. Now several months later, I tried to load a PC game that I know is ok because it works on our desktop computer. I have an HP Pavillion operating on Windows XP. Currently, the drive will let me look at pictures on disks, and listen to music. When I put cd roms with games on it (I have tried more than one) it will let me open up the folders and show me all the files located on the disc. But when it comes to clicking on the install icons nothing happens. I have tried disabling and enabling the disc. I am not sure what else to do, and this cd rom is only a few months old. I am wondering if the other one was also working fine, but there is some other problem causing it not to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisements