Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows 7 RC1 Stability

• Please log in to reply

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I know operating systems still in the testing phase have flaws but I was wondering how stable Windows 7 RC1 is. The reason that I am asking is because I plan to format my computer soon and was thinking of using Windows 7 RC1 for a bit. Also, do many programs support Windows 7 yet (Firefox, Steam, uTorrent, and so on)?

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
RC1 isn't due to be released until 5 May. We don't support the leaked versions.
I've been using the 7600 beta build as my primary OS and don't have any significant problems with it. But, remember that it's not the final version! :)

Edited by usasma, 27 April 2009 - 08:33 AM.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

RC1 isn't due to be released until 5 May. We don't support the leaked versions.
I've been using the 7600 beta build as my primary OS and don't have any significant problems with it. But, remember that it's not the final version! :)

Have you had any problems with any programs not supporting Windows 7?

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Worth Reading, IMO.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Update
Installed Windows 7 RC and it is working pretty good. I have not had to many problems; only a bug or two but nothing serious/annoying.
I am currently using Windows 7 as my main OS.

PS: So far all of the games and programs that I have installed, work fine on Windows 7 (L4D, Skype, VLC, Firefox, uTorrent, and so on).

Edited by jackflash1991, 12 May 2009 - 06:40 PM.