Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVDROM eject/load problem!

• Please log in to reply

linoPaloma

linoPaloma

• Pip
  • 4 posts
PC DVDROM eject/load problem!

to give you some history of what happened b4 this problem,yesterday i loaded a dvd disc onto my dvdrom(dvd-9 as they called it)
and for some reason, maybe because of the disc it gives me the LED light(having a hard time reading your disc) so i figure out that i have to remove the disc maybe that will solve the STILL LED LIGHT on my dvdrom. i tried to push the eject/load button but fails it doesn't do anything at all.so i searched for solution on how to remove disc onto my dvdrom and lead me to the -" small hole where you can push it with some kind of a needle." so that's it i finally removed the disc!

AND NOW THE PROBLEM OF THE MOMENT MY EJECT/LOAD BUTTON ON MY DVDROM WONT WORK i dunno why, now I HAVE TO PUSH A PIN ON THE HOLE everytime im going to use my dvdrom [bleep]. i am still looking for solutions on how to fix this eject/load button problem.

btw YES MY DVDROM IS RECOGNIZABLE BY MY COMPUTER. IT STILL GIVES ME MY DRIVE AND ACCESS ON THE FILES INSIDE THE CD/DISCS.

EJECT/LOAD BUTTON IS MY PROBLEM. anyone have this kind of problem before???

please help me guys, i know its harder to fix hardware problems than software because you have to see it on your on eyes but i did my best to explain everything, IF I MISSED OUT ON SOMETHING THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Normally this is the first sign of imminent mechanical failure. There is no mystery to it as it has been that way since I started in computers almost 15 years ago now. Everyone i have seen that has started this way will eventually stop. The gears inside the slider have started to skip or disengage. For the price of them now you should just replace it.
You can pick up a new one for less then 40 with shipping.