Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help needed Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

suemerv

suemerv

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
I am running Windows 7 and have been denied Windows Automatic Updates since February. I get the error code 800B0100 when trying to do automatic updates. I am also getting a Runtime System 32 prevhost.exe error message when trying to upload videos. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
The error message refers to no signature being available in the subject (what that means, I'm not sure).

It appears (from this article: http://support.micro....aspx/kb/947821 ) that it could be a corruption of the Windows Update stuff in your file system and/or registry. Although the article doesn't specifically cite Win7, it's very similar to Vista, so you may want to give it a try.

If not, the RC is due out in a week, so you may want to give that a try instead.