Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Office2003 reminder problem

• Please log in to reply

bladett

bladett

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OK so a co-worker of mine is having problems with reminders in outlook2003. She has no reminders but yet they keep showing up. When I dissmiss them they will pop back up after a while. I opened them & they seem to be from emails?!? ANyone know what to do to fix this?

Advertisements

SongCloud

SongCloud

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hello, Bladett, and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I'm SongCloud and I'll be helping you out today.

If the user is marking the email messages for follow up and selecting a date and time that they are due by, then by default they will get a reminder 15 minutes before the "task" is due.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need more assistance. :)

bladett

bladett

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK I figured that it was a follow up. HOwever they are happening for all incoming mail, & i've verifyed that most of the people do not use the follow up. It's also something to note that her outlook data PST data file had crossed 2gb. We had run all the tools to trim down the file size & fix it. Since then it's been poping up for all emails.

SongCloud

SongCloud

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Check her rules or settings in the organization wizard. She might have set a rule without realizing it that messages should be added to follow up automatically. That would be my best guess.

When you say that she has a .PST file, I assume that you are getting your mail via POP3 or IMAP from an external server and not using an Exchange Server. Am I correct? If so, then don't worry too much, as the max size of of a .PST in Outlook 2003 is 4GB i believe, but smaller is always better. What tools did you use to try and get the mailbox smaller? The only thing that would help is deleting old messages or archiving the old messages and then compacting the .PST file.

Let me know if you still need more help. :)

bladett

bladett

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I used the builtin tool & then archive it to reduce the file size. It had reached the limit as no emails were deleted or archived. Also i'm seeing no rules on the organization window. Yes we receive mail from a pop3 server.

SongCloud

SongCloud

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

I used the builtin tool & then archive it to reduce the file size.

What builtin tool did you use? AutoArchiver, Organization Wizard, or the Mailbox Cleanup Tool?

It had reached the limit as no emails were deleted or archived.

Yes we receive mail from a pop3 server.

Was she unable to get any more messages in Outlook but yet she could log into her webmail and see the new messages? If Outlook was not accepting any more new messages, but the server was accepting them, then it was an Outlook issue. If she was unable to get any new messages sent to her mailbox (ie. senders would get a rejection notice stating that her mailbox was full) then she had too many messages on the server, which is a completely different issue from her Outlook mailbox issues.

Also I'm seeing no rules on the organization window.

Check the Rules and Alerts area by clicking on Tools in the main menu from her inbox and then clicking on [b]Rules and Alerts[b]. Let me know if there are any entries in there.