Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Word 2007 vs. Word 2008 issue

• Please log in to reply

RDI2go

RDI2go

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a shared folder on my server at work. I use a PC laptop with Office 2007. My co-worker uses a Mac desktop with Office 2008.

If I create a document and put it in the folder then it is smoothly shared to everyone.

BUT, once my co-worker goes to the doc, adjusts anything, and saves it, the doc becomes Read-only for everyone else who tries to do anything with it. It only happens with his computer. No one else's creates this problem.

Our IT people have tried messing with the securities a lot, but to no avail. I think the problem is something specific on his computer.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

NikiAlbanian

NikiAlbanian

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Exactly, the problem is on his computer. Tell you IT people that the problem is not with te network security, so they have to be very careful they won't mess up network connections. They should check the security of the application that is causing this problem. Let's say the guy wants to open a Word (.txt) document. After he makes changes to the document it becomes read only. The security measures should be checked on the Word software on his computer. Try also the review all the features that are displayed after you click the office logo at the left upper side of the screen.