Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer hangs at "Windows is Starting Up"

• Please log in to reply

bronbron81

bronbron81

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just recently got a virus I think. I started to get a large quantity of pop ups and could not get rid of them. I exited firefox and everything but they just kept coming up. Eventually my computer restarted and wouldn't reboot to the logon screens. It gets as far as "windows is starting up" and then I get a message that says, " The system is shutting down please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was intiated by The system process C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe terminated status cod 1073741819 and then I get a 60 second countdown. It also wont boot into safe mode either. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I got the computer to boot up and log on once for about 2 minutes and Adware ad-watch live had a pop up that said that it blocked digifast.exe from starting up then my computer just rebooted and had the same problem as above

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Are you sure, it's lsass.exe, not isass.exe?

Edited by Broni, 28 April 2009 - 08:49 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
This has to be an infection. Since you can't run any of the malware progs, you should just post in the malware forum, and see how they can help you out.

If you want to recover files, then click on "Backup Files Without Windows" in my sig and follow the steps.