Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Sound Device disappeared

• Please log in to reply

Toushiro Kun

Toushiro Kun

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello. I have been experiencing lots of problems in my computer like "windows explorer" crashes, "DrWatson Postmortem debugger" errors and another error I forgot. Because on boot up for the first few minutes, the sound is good but after a few minutes, windows explorer error pops up then followed by DrWatson Postmortem debugger error then after that, my sound is gone. Can anyone tell me what is causing the disappearance of my audio device?

Here is the copy of my HJT log :

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:12:59 AM, on 4/29/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
F3 - REG:win.ini: run=
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [egui] "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe" /hide /waitservice
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketDock] "C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [nlhr] RunDll32.exe %SystemRoot%\System32\AdvPack.Dll,LaunchINFSection %SystemRoot%\inf\nlite.inf,C (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll" (User 'Default user')
O23 - Service: ESET HTTP Server (EhttpSrv) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\EHttpSrv.exe
O23 - Service: ESET Service (ekrn) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
O23 - Service: getPlus® Helper - NOS Microsystems Ltd. - C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe

End of file - 2619 bytes

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
If you suspect malware, then go to the Malware forum and post there.
Follow this guide before you post: http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html
When you create a new topic, post the necessary logs.