Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Play/Pause in Music Players

• Please log in to reply

makou347

makou347

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Whenever I run a music player--be it iTunes, Windows Media Player, or even Pandora--and highlight it as my active window, it randomly toggles the play/pause status continuously and will not cease. When I click to another window, it is fine, but I'm sure you can imagine that this is quite annoying. One other thing to note is that when setting the keys to certain commands on a PC game, as soon as a click to the command to which to set a key, the key selected is automatically set to "Play/Pause," indicating that there must be some behind-the-scene command issuing from my computer that is constantly active. The only explanations I can concoct are malware or hardware errors. I have scanned my computer with several antivirus softwares: avast, AVG, MalwareBytes, SpyBot; all scans have returned negative for any serious malware. Could there be something I have missed, or should I settle with the idea that this a hardware malfunction?

Thank you in advance!
-John

Computer Specs:

Compaq Presario V2665US (Laptop)
Windows XP Home Edition SP 2
AMD Turion 64 Mobile Processor
1.79 GHz
896 MB RAM

Advertisements