Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ide-sata compatability?

• Please log in to reply

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
I recently got an sata because my curent maxtor was failing. then i install, and set bios for sata to primary master. boot, install windows, and suddenly, none of the other drives are read by bios or winsows. no lights, drives wont even open...only the sata works. at one point, they all worked at the same time...but then i let someone else use my comp.
The dvd/cd rw is jumpered and connected to second master and cd id set to second slave. maxtor is primary slave. what is the best setup?

Advertisements

nixx

nixx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
;) :tazz:

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Umm... il tell you something wierd how my comp is set up, not htat i did it but, apparently the dvd drive is set as master and the harddrive is set as secondary, you mihgt want to try that and you may wish to check the little jumper switches om the second harddrive and even switch which harddrive actually holds the active Operating System.

nixx

nixx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
i got rid of the maxtor and put the optical devices on the secondary ide and it worked. the maxtor was failing anyways.