Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Publisher install on Vista.....

• Please log in to reply

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
I recently had to replace our old computer with a new one and it's loaded with Vista. Takes a lot to get used to but my favorite program from XP was MS Publisher and wont install (I have the full install disk) :) It gets almost done and get an error message saying it can't find D:PFiles\MSOffice\Clipart\Pub60COR.MMC. I tried doing a custom install and disabling the clip art sections (I don't use them anyway) but it still won't install. I looked around and saw some people got it to install in Safe Mode but when I tried it that way I got an error that Windows Installer wasn't available in Safe Mode. I have a lot of files that I kinda need that are in Publisher and need/love this program, I haven't found a way to convert the files without a high dollar program so I'm looking for help here. Anyone got any suggestions, I'm kinda desperate.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Which version of Publisher are you using?

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Versions of Office older than 2003 are known to have issues under Windows Vista. Some people have issues, some don't. McAfee Internet Security is known (according to somebody else) to block installation of Publisher 2000.

That being said, Publisher 2007 is available on its own, fairly cheaply if you know where to look, and will open all Publisher files you have already. However once you save a file in Publisher 2007 it will never be readable again by any historic version of Publisher.

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Publisher 2007 is available on its own, fairly cheaply if you know where to look

Any ideas where that might be? Online, college campus, eBay......?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Any good online retailer. I don't know where in the world you're based.