Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two 1080p monitors simultaneously

• Please log in to reply

Forsyth

Forsyth

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

I've got two 1080p monitors attached to my Radeon HD4070 (One is a Benq E2400 and the other a Sony W4000). I'm having problems getting both of them to display 1080p at once. When I enter a game for instance, many times the image on my Benq (set as primary) gets underscaled to about 80% of full monitor size. Every time I reboot the image on the Benq is underscaled, but by swapping the settings for the W4000 from 60Hz to 24Hz and back, generally fixes it temporarily.

I've tried most settings in the ATI control panel, tried enabling GPU scaling etc., still the same issues after reboot and sometimes when I enter a game. Also, I'm running Vista 64 bit.

Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
It is sad multi-monitor support does not get more attention. I recommend you check out UltraMon. It does not make computing with multiple monitors totally pain free, but comes close.

Forsyth

Forsyth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have been using Ultramon for some time, but for this particular problem, it doesn't seem to help.