Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

How do i connect to router without wireless card

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times but i have checked and couldnt find the answer.

I have a wirless router and have two laptops connected to it, my children have a desktop situated next to the router and want the net on it, it doesnt have a wireless card installed.

What i want to know is how do i connect there desktop to the router? i think the desktop has an ethernet connection, but not sure.

advice please?

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
if the desktop has an ethernet port (looks like a phone jack...but wider)....then all you have to do is get an ethernet cable and plug in to an open port on the router....and that's it