Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios update

• Please log in to reply

elldallan

elldallan

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Looking for advice before i go kill my computer, I have a DFI Lanparty Ut nF4 Ultra-D motherboard which has been happily runningan amd4000+, I have now got hold of a amd 4800+ (dual cora) (939 socket both) now i have replaced the cpu for the newer one and realise I need to update the bios as mine is dated 03/10/2005 (mm/dd/yyyy) looking at the DFi website i see that to run this cpu on that board I need the latest bios. Here are my dilemmas, 1) do i just download the one with newest date or do i have to do them all one at a time. 2) I have no floppy drive to use(can fit one if I really have to) but theDFI website mentions Winflash ( will this be ok to use ) and lastly 3) I believe i know which one I need but not totally confident so would someone double check for me please. I believe it is NF4LD329.ZIP the numbers on my bios chip are 49lf004b which would discount the 2 above this one on their bios downloads page ( I think )

Any help gratefully received Rob

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
1) BIOS updates are cumulative.
2) Winflash is ability to flash the BIOS from within Windows. No more dangerous than doing it outside of Windows.
3) There appear to be two different types of BIOS, one for a specific BIOS chip type and the other with no specific type. Neither of which match with your BIOS chip.

elldallan

elldallan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
ok thanks for the advice, have done pc is still working lol. thanks again