Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help! txtsetup.oem error

• Please log in to reply

ohstl

ohstl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
alright so i have been browsing then internet trying to find a solution for this but havent had a break through yet. pretty much where i stand is i just got a new WD carviar 500gb green because my old on fried so im trying to install windows xp pro on it and i downloaded the drivers from western digital and made the floppy but when i hit f6 and then s to install the sata drivers i keep getting "file txtsetup.oem cannot be found". if anyone can help thats in advance =]

mother board- GA-8IPE1000 PRO

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Why are you not using Windows XP CD to format the drive?

ohstl

ohstl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
when i try to install the windows xp cd it doesnt read the hard hard drive so i figured since its sata i need a driver? ive never had to do this and im kinda nubby

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
This will probably help you better, than my own words: http://www.michaelst...nxpinstall.html