Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with microsoft anti-spyware beta 1 ?

• Please log in to reply

jerrette

jerrette

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Windows xp v:5.01.2600 w/ SP1
Pentium 4 @ 2.40GHz
1 gb memory and 80 gb hard drive

Newbie would appreciate any help..Hopefully in right forum ?@^#^&*#$(^$.

Running: cable modem, linksys router as firewall, zone alarm, windows firewall disabled, norton systemworks 2005 premium, spybot, spywareblaster, microsoft anti-spyware beta 1. All up to date and showing no problems or bugs.

Problem: Erratic performance with computer.... Windows Task Manager shows a cpu usage spike to 100% every 12 seconds (very consistent)....the spike lasts only about 3 seconds .... normal background on this computer is around 3-4% cpu usage.

Windows Task Manager shows the program running during the spike to be:
gcasDTServ.exe

It looks as this is part of MS anti-spyware beta 1 ...... when I shut down this MS beta 1 software, the spikes go away and all is well. I think this MS beta 1 program is great and has worked very well for me for several months with no problems.

Cannot find any postings regarding this problem.... anyone heard of this type of problem........ any suggestions appreciated.

Thx,
Jerry

Advertisements