Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

At my wits end...

• Please log in to reply

Fyi_Geek

Fyi_Geek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't even know where to start my week has been [bleep]...
I came here hopping to get help for this before i start crying and throw the PC out the window!

I recently had my PC upgraded, and a backup made.
That day i broke my foot when i went to pick it up, cost me 267 bucks next day after pain pill kicked in i surfed the web a little worked on my beta site, and decided to look at a "well known game site" i should not name names for a Wii game well this is where it all became worse.

I seen a game i liked so i clicked the link under the thumb nail "View Details" and this frame poped up asking me to login, i said no

"are you sure you want to cancel you could save hundreds"

no matter what i did it was locked in place, i never seen that thing before,
so i pressed X to close it and this down-loader poped up installed it without my permission!!

I paniced pulled the high-speed cable but it was to late, AVAST went crazy Firefox locked up and pc rebooted.
It logged in ATI crashed, AVAST encountered an error, Mail, Internet all dead i did
a scan with A-Squadred free it found 132 files some with no rights to remove firewall is off.

I cannot run the following from ADMIN or user accounts.
* Regedit
* DxDiag
* Avatst
* Windows Washer (Runs but crashes after i press wash)

If i try to run um it reboots PC... or does it after 2 min
I tried to remove the infected files by hand no luck it's sending info to some host so i cant keep the connection on.
No safe-mode it just locks up, i cant afford to pay them more and lose all my work accounts ...

I don't know what else to do or turn to, ppl want me to run files scans i cant found out the PC place did not keep my backup after they installed Vista so i am FUBAR i cant even access avast.com to update or report it.

This is what i found in scan could not copy past it sorry i did it on a paper before it crashed.

* %System%\system32\msrstart.exe
* %System%\comsa32.sys
* C:\windows\system32\finstall.sys
* C:\windows\system32\refpron.gen
* C:\windows\system32\Kxlog.sys
* HKEY_USER_CURRENT\Microsoft\Windows... SetProgramAccessDefault
* Backdoor:win32/refpron.m -or something like that-

There was more but i cant catch um all it reboots to fast, i just found out it infected flash drive on top of it all.

If anyone knows hot to fix this please reply, i am using wifes pc for now.

Edited by Fyi_Geek, 30 April 2009 - 04:45 PM.

Advertisements