Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error in opening and playing Fifa 09

• Please log in to reply

sjrr

sjrr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I receive error message while starting Fifa 09, NFS underground and sometimes while playing Fifa 08 the window closes and this message appears as stated below:

Fifa 09.exe has encountered a problem an needs to close and the technical error shown is F:\DOCUME~1\USER~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\e428_appcompat.txt

Will upgrading my processor from 1.8GHZ to 2.6GHZ and increasing ram up to 1 GB solve this issue or anything else has to be done?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We will need some more information

If this is a name brand system:
Make
Model
Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

If this is custom then We will need the following:

The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Cd\Dvd rom interface IDE/
Hard Drive size and free space
Any cards in PCI slots

In Addition please supply:

Any software installed\updated and driver updates done just before problem started.
Any hardware installed\updated prior to problem starting.

All this will help in determining a course of action to best correct the problem you are experiencing.

If you can't find or don't know the memory amount then:

Please download CPUz from my signature below

1: Save it to your desktop.
2: Click on the icon it creates and let it run
3: I need the following information from it.
4: First click on the Mainboard tab at the top of the window and give me Manufacturer and Model number it shows
5: Cllick on the Memory tab and give me the Type and Size of memory it shows.
6: Click on the SPD tab and get me the Max Bandwidth line information.

Please include in your next reply

sjrr

sjrr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Motherboard: Asus P4SGX-MX
Memory: Kingston 512 MB DDR
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128 MB with pixel shader 2.0
Harddrive: size 120 GB, free Space 70% of size
Processor: Intel Inside Pentium 4 Processor 1.80 Ghz
Samsung Multi Dvd Rom 16x for dvd and 48x for CD
Up to date graphic card driver installed
Manufacturer: Asus Tech computer Inc. Model: P4SGX-MX
Max bandwidth: PC3200(200Mhz)

Please let me know what is the minimum to run this game like would it be enough to increase memory and get a faster processor or do I need a new graphic card . Would XP service pack 3 make any changes to my gaming?

Thanks in advance!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
"Wating for your reply on my query. Here's the link [url="http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Error-openi...09-t237506.html""]http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Error-openi...7506.html"[/url]
I'm sorry, I was tending to family matters and had not been able to get back till now

Appcompat.txt is not the problem. It contains information about the problem. Open it up in notepad, and you'll see what I mean. When you get an error message that references appcompat.txt, it'll usually give you the full path to the file. So click on Start, Run and enter:
F:\DOCUME~1\USER~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\e428_appcompat.txt and then click enter. This will tell you where the actual problem is.
Please reply back with your findings or attach the txt file in your next response.

Second Go HERE and run the Crucial online scanner.
This will give you the exact memory configuration for your system. You do not have to buy the memory from there, but write down the information and if you need assistance in purchasing the upgrade memory GTG can assist with suggestions also. Reply back with your findings and we will help you find the memory if you like. You are running just enough for XP and the game to run. I suspect by doubling your memory at least the error will stop.

Third check the game minimum requirements as this will tell you if your existing configuration meets or exceeds that.

sjrr

sjrr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok...no problem

Here is what i found in that appcompat.txt file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="FIFA09.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="FIFA09.exe" SIZE="46404896" CHECKSUM="0x95B0B996" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="09/08/2008 23:13:48" UPTO_LINK_DATE="09/08/2008 23:13:48" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="rld-fi9k.exe" SIZE="2710" CHECKSUM="0x8321AAE5" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/01/1970 01:08:16" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/01/1970 01:08:16" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="983552" CHECKSUM="0x4CE79457" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xFF848" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:56:36" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:56:36" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

And this was the result of crucial online scanner:

# Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB
# Currently Installed Memory: 512MB
# Available Memory Slots: 1
# Number of Banks: 2
# Dual Channel Support: No
# CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
# CPU Family: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 1.80GHz Model 2, Stepping 7
# CPU Speed: 1800 MHz

Currently installed memory:

512MB
EMPTY

Each memory slot can hold DDR PC3200,DDR PC2700,SDRAM, PC133 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

Q: Will my system recognize the maximum upgrade?

A: Possibly

How much memory your Windows OS will recognize depends on which version of Windows you are running. 32-bit versions of Windows will see (and utilize) only 3GB or 3.5GB. To utilize more memory, install a 64-bit version of your OS. More information about OS memory maximums can be found at http://www.crucial.c...r.aspx?qid=4251.

Q: What memory goes into my computer, and can I mix speeds?

A: Your computer takes two kinds of memory DDR,SDRAM

Q: How much memory can my computer handle?

A: 2048MB.

Adding the maximum amount of memory will improve performance and help extend the useful life of your system as you run increasingly demanding software applications in the future.

Q: Do I have to install matching pairs?

A: No.

No, you can install modules one at a time, and you can mix different densities of modules in your computer. But if your computer supports dual-channel memory configurations, you should install in identical pairs (preferably in kits) for optimal performance.

Q: Does my computer support dual-channel memory?

Your system does not support dual channel.

Q: Does my computer support ECC memory?

Your system does not support ECC. Because ECC and non-ECC modules should not be mixed within a system, install the same type of modules that are already in your system.

And this is the manufacturer specifications of my mother board:
# 168-pin DIMM Banking: 2 (2 banks of 1)
# 184-pin DIMM Banking: 2 (2 banks of 1)
# Chipset: SiS 650GX
# Error Detection Support: Non-ECC only
# Graphics Support: AGP 4X
# Max Component Density: 512Mb
# Max Unbuffered DDR SDRAM: 2048MB
# Module Types Supported: Unbuffered only
# SDR SDRAM Frequencies: PC100 and PC133
# Supported DRAM Types: SDR SDRAM and DDR SDRAM
# USB Support: 1.x Compliant

Fifa 09 game requirements

. Minimum System Requirements
==========================================================

CPU with 2.4 GHz (single-core)
512 Megabytes of RAM (1 GB required for Windows Vista™)
DirectX® 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 128 MB video card or equivalent
(must support Shader Model 2.0 or above - see supported chipsets in section 11)
DirectX® 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
512Kbps or greater broadband connection for online gameplay
MS compatible mouse
Keyboard
Please note that 16 bit colour is not supported

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE or HERE to see the prices of the upgrade you can get. I would recommend you max your system out with 2 gigs of memory.

First page is for 2 one gig memory sticks to equal 2 gigs total
Second page you would have to purchase two of the 1 gig sticks. I quoted DDR PC3200 so that you had the fastest type for your system. You would have to remove the memory that is presently in your system and then install the new memory.

As for the appcompat.txt file it also shows that the game is causing the problem. This I believe is caused by the lack of enough memory to run it. The CPU is fine and the SP3 will make no difference in the game play although I do recommend you go ahead and update to SP3 as it has security fixes for your system. If you have played the game with your existing graphics card and it looks fine when it is working, Then i wouldn't changing it unless you just want a newer card.

In conclusion the root of all your problems seems to be the lack of enough memory to handle the OS system and the Game at the same time. The game is memory intensive so again memory is the issue. I hope this information will help you answer the questions you have. If not please reply and I will check back.

Edited by rshaffer61, 04 May 2009 - 12:42 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks alot for helping me out. Further more I just wanted to know that if I switch to a 2.6 Ghz processor from 1.8Ghz would it also be helpful?

It may help but the speed increase will be very little. What you have will work but more is always better as they say.