Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Front USB, Mem Card Drive, and CD drive not recognized

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
My computer seems to not recognize anything that happens in the front tower of the computer. When I put in a cd/dvd I have to manually go in and find it, instead of the box that used to pop up asking me what I wanted to do w/it. And if I try to put in a memory card, it doesn't see it at all, not even manually, and the same w/the USB on the front. To get pics off my camera I have to plug the camera in directly (via USB) to a multi port system plugged in the back, and then my camera program will pop up, along w/ a balloon on the bottom of the screen that says it would operate faster if I use a USB port :) . Any ideas why this is happening...??