Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft VX-1000 webcam causes blue screen

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this:
Reboot and go into safe mode again. Disable your firewall and reboot again except this time go into safe mode with networking. There is a possibility that your firewall is stopping the system from connecting to Microsoft's web site and authenticating your copy and activating it. When you restart after this then restart in normal mode. If this does not fix the problem then:
Because of the confusion with the disks the only true and legal option you have is:
You can backup your data and do a complete system reinstall using the Packard Bell Recovery cd. :)

Advertisements

harveyj176

harveyj176

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Thankfully you were right about the firewall stoping the activation, so now its all activated and back to normal. I was worried there that i'd have to restore.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well great to hear that :) I thought it would but seeing that you have a PB and a OEM recovery cd I was worried.

Now is the camera issue resolved or is that something we still need to continue with?
How about the microphone problem?

Edited by rshaffer61, 04 May 2009 - 08:57 AM.

harveyj176

harveyj176

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Well it seems to have worked, when i plug it in its gets recognised and works perfectly without blue screening.

thanks for the help, sorry its been such a pain.

James :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A pain? :) You actually had a issue I was interested in trying to resolve. I have a camera of my own and this gave me a chance to see a error that could occur. With that being said I just want to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you. :)
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible