Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound turns off automatically (big problem)

• Please log in to reply

brf4n

brf4n

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A65 laptop and am having troubles with the sound. See, most of the time the sound works fine, but every once in a while, it just turns off. The sound for the whole system...

In addition to this, when the sound shuts off, my mp3s no longer play and neither do any of my videos...

What could be the cause of this? It's really annoying cause everytime this happens I have to stop everything I'm doing and restart...

Thanks to anyone who can help me out :tazz:

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
try updating the sound drivers. control panel, system, harware tab, device manager. expand sound/video controllers, select the playback device (will be via ac97 controller or something along those lines).
update driver.
I would recommend checking out the toshiba site, doing a search on your laptop, and seeing if they have any driver downloads available. if so, grab the audio driver. when updating driver, you can specify where to look, so send it to the downloaded driver.
or you can let it search your PC, and the web.

brf4n

brf4n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
ack, still happens...even though I updated to the latest AC97 drivers...any more ideas?

gouwenaar

gouwenaar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey there,

I've got the same problem, and I have a toshiba too.
Have you found the solution yet?

Jan.

artm12

artm12

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hello Friend,
Check for the Sound controller and if it display a yellow colored exclamation mark because of these the sound setting are being changed from the previous setting.

Thanks,
James