Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Recent Hardware upgrade gone sour

• Please log in to reply

nbourg8

nbourg8

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello everyone,

Until recently, my entire PC was working fabulously. Two days ago I upgraded my mother board from the EVGA 680i to the EVGA 780i as well as my video card from the NVIDIA 8600 GT to the NVIDIA GTS 250. After these updates, two symptoms have been occurring.

Mouse:
My Logitech G5 now randomly pauses for a full second or two, doing what I have no clue. It appears the mouse, during this moment, freezes up and nothing it does works. When the function is then resumed, it's like everything I had done during that moment is recalled and very rapidly displayed.

Low Mic Input:
Before the upgrade, I had my settings for mic input at about 50% and even this was loud during playback testing. Now, I have them at 100% and I sound as if I'm whispering. I'm using the same speakers and the same headset but in both cases, the MIC was attached to the motherboard. In testing to see if the motherboard was faulty, I tested the MIC on my sound blaster audigy card and got the same issue with little or no difference.

Drivers:
The only drivers I had to install were the MOBO and GPU drivers. The MOBO drivers included a Realtek HD Audio Manager. Without this manager, my mic at full power was around 10x worse than with this program installed.

Any ideas?

PS. I was unsure about creating two threads for this, unsure of forums rules, so if it's needed, let me know.

Advertisements