Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player & iTunes

• Please log in to reply

woodworks

woodworks

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
Hey folks:

My computer crashed and I have been trying to re-install my music. I have most of it all on cd's, but a lot of it is not titled on the self-made cd's. I have the song titles, on a seperate list and can name the songs that way, and I have also been looking up the albums.

My problem is that I'll get an album that the song is on and when I click on the find album artwork, or the update album artwork, the thing will actually change other song titles and put them on the same album that they don't belong. Hopefully I can give you a good example...

I have the song 'addicted to love' by Robert Palmer which is on the album 'The very best of the island years'. Well I also have the song 'bad case of loving you', which is also on the same album. In WMP, I go to the info and put in all the information and then will click on the find album artwork and then click on the update when I find the right album. Next thing I know, there are ALL the songs that go to that album. It has changed other songs by different artist and from different albums to the songs that is on that album. I thought it was WMP and so I uninstalled it and went to iTunes. Personally, I like WMP better and so I reinstalled WMP and when I still had the same problem, I deleted ALL of my songs because they were so messed up by that time that I couldn't figure them out.

Now I am d/l the songs once again and the first cd installed just fine. I was able to find all the album artwork and everything went just fine. The second cd started messing up again. Then I tried to use iTunes and it is doing the same thing. Now they BOTH are changing the name of the songs and the artist.

Is it my computer, or is it something else? And whichever it is, is there a way to fix it?

Thank you for any and all help. I have about 100 cd's to do this with.

Edited by woodworks, 01 May 2009 - 03:01 PM.

Advertisements