Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

How to upgrade my BIOS safely!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey there guys, i would like to know how to upgrade my BIOS from my old laptop
since i started to use it something is wrong , i used to use it months ago and it was doing good so when i tried to use it for a game that i used to play before with this old laptop didnt work at all i mean the performance is different and now i feel lag everytime i play this game which never happened before so im guessing has something to do with the BIOS maybe is kinda old or something but i just wanna know if it is possible to upgrade this kinda BIOS :

Posted Image

If it is possible could u tell me how to upgrade it safely, thnx.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Yes you can upgrade a BIOS however I always strongly advise not to do so as if this is done wrong it can render a computer useless. If you are getting lag on a game this will more probably be an issue with the internet and not the BIOS.

If you still wish to proceed with a BIOS update please let us know. I will not advise on this as if it goes wrong I don't want to be held responsible so I will let someone else guide you who knows what they are doing :)

• 34,114 posts
From your description the issue is not your bios. A bios does not change so it would not cause this problem. Please supply some information as followed:

Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

If you can't find memory or HD info then do the following:

Please download CPUz from my signature below

1: Save it to your desktop.
2: Click on the icon it creates and let it run
3: I need the following information from it.
4: First click on the Mainboard tab at the top of the window and give me Manufacturer and Model number it shows
5: Cllick on the Memory tab and give me the Type and Size of memory it shows.
6: Click on the SPD tab and get me the Max Bandwidth line information.

Please include in your next reply

For HD space information:

Go to
1: Start
2: My Computer
3: Right Click on "C" drive
4: Click on Properties
5: In this field it will tell you total drive space and also free space

Please post results in next reply