Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wanting to return to factory settings

• Please log in to reply

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
i have a dell computer using windows xp.. i recieved instructions on how to totally clear out my computer by pushing f9 or f 12 lol id have to look up the instructions.. but my problem is.. when i press that.. it goes into i think safemode.. then the instructions continue.. and your supposed to be able to use your keyboard to continue.. but my problem is that my keyboard wont work.. so i cant direct the computer to continue.. does anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be? thanks

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
To access Dell's recovery partition, you should be pressing CTRL+F11 at Dell's logo.

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
ill give it a try ty..i hope i can use my keyboard if it goes in safemode...:)